Hope you all are well and having a awesome Tuesday with some continuing Monday blues.. Well i am sleepy and my wisdom tooth is coming out stupid tooth is paining a lot. And all i can i think about is my favt food Biryani which is Pakistani dish. So those who don’t know what i am talking about it basically white rice with the mixture of spicy chicken in it.
*As by no means i am a professional cook.But it will surely come out nice if you will try 😀
So for the recipe you need:
- Chicken pieces cut into chunks 1.5 kg
- Vegetable oil 4 tbsp
- Onions, chopped 2 large
- Minced ginger 1 tbsp
- Ground cumin 1 tsp
- Tomatoes 2 medium
- Mint chopped 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick
- Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Ground turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Plain yogurt 2 tbsp
- Shan Birynai masala (Seasoning)
- Basmati rice 1/2 kg
- Add 2 tbsp oil to the skillet and fry onion, garlic and ginger until onion are soft and golden.
- Add chilli, pepper, turmeric, cumin, salt and the tomatoes.
- Fry, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Add yogurt, mint,and cinnamon stick.
- It may be necessary to add a little hot water if the mixture becomes too dry and starts to stick to the pan.
- When the mixture is thick and smooth, add the chicken pieces and stir well to coat them with the spice mixture.
- Cover and cook over very low heat until the chicken is tender, for approximately 20- 25 minutes.
- There should only be a little very thick gravy left when chicken is finished cooking.
- If necessary cook uncovered for a few minutes to reduce the gravy.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil And put rice in skillet.
- In a medium size pot, heat the chicken stock and salt.
- When the mixture is hot pour it over the rice and stir well.
- Add chicken mixture, gently mix them into the rice. Bring to boil.
- Cover the saucepan tightly, turn heat to very low and steam for 15 minutes.
- Delicious chicken biryani is ready, serve with raita and salad.
So there you go your yummy Biryani is ready easy peezy.And If you are student and you are missing your mom’s hand food do try this.
Let me know if anyone has tried this if not do try it and let me know 🙂
Love & Huggyzz because they are free 🙂 ❤ 😀